Yesterday Blizzard announced that they are revamping the whole emblem, token, shard etc system for buying rewards and replacing it all with points.
- Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost become Justice Points.
- All other emblems and badges are converted into gold, including BC-level badges.
- All PvP currencies (current Honor Points, Arena Points, Marks of Honor, Stone Keeper’s Shards, etc.) will become the new Honor Points.
- While there is a cap on new currencies in Cataclysm, that cap is being ignored for the purpose of the initial conversion. You just won’t be able to earn anything beyond the cap if you’re over it initially. This will then change shortly before Cataclysm is released, cutting off all currencies to the hard cap, with excess points being converted to gold.
The new currencies are;
- Justice Points Low-tier, easy-to-get PvE points that will buy gear (like Emblems of Triumph are now)
- Valor Points High-tier, harder-to-get PvE points that will buy gear (like Emblems of Frost are now)
- Honor Points Low-tier, easy-to-get PvP points that will buy PvP gear (like normal Honor Points are now)
- Conquest Points High-tier, harder-to-get PvP points that will buy PvP gear (like Arena Points are now)
The exact measurements of the conversion are going to be released later this afternoon by Blizzard so I’ll update that when in happens. In the mean time you better get back into those random dungeons as those emblems you thought would just be worthless will now count towards your justice points or could be downgraded to award you gold come Cataclysm.